DearMYRTLE's 52 THINGS Compendium
My daughter Stacey has been after me for years to video tape my recollections about ancestral artifacts throughout my house, but the task seemed overwhelming.
So I made a list of over 100 ancestral artifacts I've inherited and decided I'll craft a mini-journal to tell the story of each item and the ancestor I've inherited it from. Then, while Mr. Myrt is watching his wood crafting shows on Saturday mornings, I'll create a video. One each week this year.
52 THINGS: Secret compartment #1
52 THINGS: Tour of the Steamer Trunk
52 THINGS: Grandma Frances's Hand Mirror The LRHG said she “loves this!” And that she’s glad I don’t check out her ears! THAT’S what I want — reactions from the grandchildren to these precious ancestral anecdotes and artifacts. 🤗
- Directions: 3 Envelope Journal Challenge
- After viewing this video, my 16 year old grandson Tannon texted saying "I can hardly wait till Covid is over so I can come and explore the old steamer trunk!"
- Hearts Journal - The Red Jewelry Box, Inside Cover and Spine (12:12 video)
- Hearts Journal - Adding Pages (9:47 video)
- Hearts Journal - Two Valentine Tuck Spots (19:05 video)
- Accordion Mini-Journal - for Diane (23:46 min. video)
- The Silverware Mini-Journal Cover (12:55 min. video)
- Learn how to make mini-journals at Myrt's Journal on YouTube
- Ooops! The tri-fold journal is too small! (6:45 min. video)
Your friend in genealogy